We’ve put together some helpful tips for enjoying your new car in summer
British heatwaves can be a godsend when you plan to go and watch the football match in a beer garden or go to the beachside for a weekend. But did you know, just like freezing weather, hot weather can also affect your car and its performance.
Well, we have some top tips on how to look after your vehicle during these hot summer days.
- Check your tyres: If your tyres are improperly inflated, you increase the risk of tyre damage and uneven wear – hot weather can make this worse. Check your tyres at least once a month and even more often during the hot days.
- Fluids: Make sure to check your coolant and oil levels on a regular basis and do not allow your fuel levels to get too low as in warm weather, the fuel level drops a lot quicker.
- A/C: Have your air conditioning system serviced regularly. No-one wants to sit in an overheated, stuffy car. Servicing the air conditioning system will help prolong its life and help keep you and your companions nice and cool.
Of course, we cannot forget about the drivers!
- Use sun cream: You may think sitting in your car will keep you safe from the sun rays, but this is incorrect. Sun rays can actually penetrate the windows of your car and cause sunburn and even sun stroke!
- Stay hydrated: Just like your car, you need to keep your own fluids topped up to avoid dehydration and heat exhaustion.
- Shade is your friend: Park your car in a shaded area if you can or invest in a windscreen shield to keep your car as cool as possible for when you return to it. And for yourself, pop a pair of sunglasses on to avoid the glare and squinting.
Most important tip of all – HAVE FUN!
To have even more fun in the sun, why don’t you check out convertibles! Yes, we said it. Glenside Finance can help with new finance or even refinancing your new soft-top to keep you feeling (and looking) cool! Whether you have a great, good, bad or poor credit rating or score, we can help you finance the car of your dreams.
As subprime motor finance specialists, you can apply for finance on https://glensidefinance.co.uk/apply-now or simply contact us on 01942 466 035.